Australia Contributory Parents Visa Subclass 846/143
This visa allows you to stay in Australia permanently if you are a parent to: (1) an Australian citizen, (2) a permanent resident, or (3) an eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia.
- You must either have at least half of your children living in Australia, or have more children living lawfully in Australia (than in any other country), for at least two years preceding your visa application.
- You meet the age requirements of Men being 65 years and women varying on the basis of their date of birth.
- You must have a sponsoring child who is either an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- You must have good moral conduct and health.
- You must not have any outstanding debts to Australian government or have arrangements to pay such debts.
Privileges of the Visa
- Gives you the right to live in Australia for an indefinite period of time.
- Gives you the right to study or work in Australia during your stay.
- You can enrol for Medicare, Australia’s health-related care scheme.
How much does Subclass 846/143 visa cost?
- Contributory Aged Parent (Permanent) Visa – Depends on the visa conditions
- Additional Applicant Charge 18 and above – Depends on the visa conditions.
- Additional Applicant Charge 18 and below – Depends on the visa conditions