Australia Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
This is about the most popular Australian visa among immigrants around the world, as it was designed for skilled migrants, who don’t have any sponsorship from the state, territory, employer or a a family member in Australia. The selection criteria for this class of visa is solely based on your skills, experience and profile score. It is a points based visa. This class of visa offers you and your accompanying family members permanent residency in Australia.
To apply, you need to make an Expression of Interest (EOI) and choose an occupation from the SOL. If you are selected, you will receive an invitation to apply for this visa within a period of 60 days.
Requirements of Subclass 189 Visa
- Choose an occupation in the Skilled Occupations List (SOL).
- Score at least 60 points based on factors such as your age, qualification, experience, English-language proficiency, among others.
- Be lees than 50 years old.
- Have positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority.
- Get the appropriate IELTS score to prove English-language proficiency.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Get a valid health and character certifications.
Benefits of the Visa:
This visa allows you and your family to:
- Live and work in Australia indefinitely.
- Study full-time in Australia at any grade of learning whether graduate, post-graduate or vocational education at domestic scholar rates.
- Get subsidized health care facilities.
- Get certain social security benefits/payments.
- Apply for Australian citizenship after staying there for a specific time.
- Sponsor a family member for permanent or temporary residency.
How much does Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 Visa Cost?
- Independent (Primary applicant) visa – Call
- Dependent Applicant Fees (18 and above) – Call
- Dependent Applicant Fees (Under 18) – Call
- Medical Examination
- Police Check